Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year... New You

So it's been a long long time since I wrote on the blog here, life as a pastor's wife and all the other titles us women can handle can be quite busy!   I look back on the year passed, 2012, and think of all that the Lord has brought us through and to,  and I just have to rejoice and praise Him for every trial, and every triumph.  Pastoring can be tough sometimes, you see people come and people go for various reasons and you sometimes wonder if you could've done things differntly.  How can we improve?  What can we do as leaders to ground those that are under our leadership so that they will grow and be effective for the Kingdom of God and that they can flourish where they are planted.   You see, it isn't about building a BIG congregation.  It's about building relationships, imparting the vision and letting others catch it so that they will help to carry this BIG plan that God has for us, it's about Loving, nuturing and watching new converts grow in God, it's so much more than we can even imagine.  I just thank God for a New year and a New Me, for Him to create in me a heart that pleases Him more and more everyday.  Not my will but His to be established in and through me.  In this new year, ask God for a New you.  Maybe you've done the same things every year and you're still in the same place.  Time for change and time for growth. 

Prayer:   Lord, I thank you that you are the Lord of my life.  I ask simply that you renew my thoughts so that they be your thoughts.  Your ways are so much higher than mine and I can't do one thing without you in my life.   Make me new in you this year so that I can make a difference in those that I meet everyday of my life.  Heal and Deliver through me.   Use me for I am willing and available~  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment