Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thankful

Yesterday was a very memorable day for me in that 7yrs ago I lost my Mom to colorectal cancer.  I talk about her alot because she meant so much to me and we were like best friends.  I smiled when my brother texted me and  reminded me that it was her who pushed me into playing the piano and singing.  I believe when I started piano lessons I was in the 4th or 5th grade and my music teacher reeked of listerine breath!!!   I'm telling you when I walked into the music room of his house it hit me like a ton of bricks! Well  I made my way through all those lessons and then started playing in the church right beside our house.  On a Wednesday night to be exact, the piano player didn't show up, so who do you think volunteered me??  My Moma!!   I was scared silly but did it and actually did a pretty good job she said.  I was my worst critic!   Then from there I started singing in the choir with her and she encouraged me to start singing by myself.  I'm so glad that she pushed me and encouraged me because it's made me who I am today.  Music has always been a big part of my life.  She knew that God had something wonderful planned for me and I hope that somehow up in Heaven that she's smiling down on her little girl today and feeling proud.   I'm proud that she was my Mom and I'm thankful for those lessons once a week.   As my brother said, "You get to sing LIVE in front of people every week."  Although it's not performance, purely WORSHIP.   Maybe that CD will be produced before long......  Thanks MOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment